My family are the best! They gave me books, chocolate, and a lovely large blank book for the next instalment in my reader’s journal. I’m all set. Between the books in the picture above, and several more on my e-reader, I have a half-dozen that I am looking forward to reading soon:
- Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir: More science adventure in space by the author of The Martian.
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by T. J. Klune: A fantasy billed as an uplifting story about found family.
- The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu: More hard sci-fi about first contact with aliens, set against the backdrop of China’s Cultural Revolution.
- The Hands of the Emperor by Victoria Goddard: The rave reviews this has been getting, with many people comparing it to The Goblin Emperor were enough to get me hooked.
- Witchmark by C. L. Polk: Murder, magic, and romance, in a world supposedly similar to Edwardian England. Plus it has a gorgeous cover.
- When the Tiger Came down the Mountain by Night Vo: Another novella set in the same world as The Empress of Salt and Fortune. If it’s anywhere close to the first one, it will be lovely.
This is, of course, just the beginning of the list for next year. My TBR pile never seems to shrink, but so what? I’ll always have something to look forward to.